Skip to main content

The Team

These tours can either rock or suck depending on the people you’re with. And that includes the tour guide and the bus driver. Luckily the people on our trip became friends rather quickly, which allowed everyone to have a smashing good time. I’ve mentioned a few names in my posts but I’d like to introduce the rest of the crew now. Tracey just so happened to take a thousand pictures (surprise) on cabaret night so everyone is looking their best. Which is good because then no one who sees this will hate me for showing their “bad side” or whatever other excuse they use for being ugly. So here we go, in no particular order. Except if you see me in the picture then it’s in whatever order makes me the best.

Oh and plan on Tracey being in 95% of these. It’s her camera after all. Anyone who didn’t make the cut on Cabaret night will be added from the archives. And it won’t be pretty! Muahahahaha! Just kidding.

(AU = Australia; NZ = New Zealand; CAN = Canada; SA = South Africa)

IMG_3834

Antonio The Driver (Portugal), Greg The Guide (AU)

IMG_3824

Scott (NZ), Me (NY), Mark (CAN), Adil (SA)

IMG_3825

Nazli (SA), Ashleigh (AU), Farzana (SA), Pip (AU), Raeesa (SA)

IMG_3826

Ebrahim (SA), Aaron (AU), Scott (NZ), Kai (AU)

IMG_3830

Tracey (CAN), Ashlee (AU), Natalie (CAN), Kirsty (AU)

IMG_3829

Tracey (CAN), Farzana (SA), Kirsty (AU), Raeesa (SA), Sarah (NZ)

IMG_3849

Tracey (CAN), Jaime (CAN), Natalie (CAN), Ashlee (AU), Therese (CAN), Lisa (CAN), Lauren (KY), Patly (CAN), Laura (CAN), Sharon (CAN), Isabel (CAN)

IMG_3827

Isabel (CAN),  Breeanna (AU), Brodee (AU), Ashlee (AU)

IMG_3863

Vanessa (AU), Denise (AU), Tracey (CAN), Amanda (AU), Lisa (CAN), Laura (CAN); Photo-bombers: Sam (MO), Pip (AU). MO is Missouri right?

IMG_3836

Tracey (CAN), Riley (MO), Lisa (CAN), Sam (MO), Laura (CAN)

IMG_0917

Rachael (NY), Sam (SA), Dominic (AU), Lauren (KY), Gabe (Peru), Amanda (KY)

IMG_0939

John (Brazil), Fernando (Brazil), Luiz (Brazil), Gabriel (Peru)

I do not have a picture of: Allison, James & Sarah, Tara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhine Valley to Lucerne

Today was mostly a driving day. It was around three hours on the bus in the morning with an hour stop in the afternoon before leaving Germany. I believe it was somewhere in the black forest region but I didn’t get the name of the town because I was sleeping. We took some pics with a cool waterfall and I ate some kind of bratensteinwurst and then we  drove the last few hours to Lucerne. Waterfall action: Ashlee always asks to get in my pictures and then she stands there like I have a gun to her back. She’s so weird. Then we get to Lucerne in the late afternoon and stop at another of Contiki’s partners: Harry’s Swiss Watch Center. They sell Swiss army knives, watches and chocolate at excellent prices. I didn’t take any pictures of this shop because it was boring. Then I went outside to get Swiss Franks out of the ATM since we will be here for a few days and they don’t do the Euro thing. Because they’re independent. Or shady. This was taken near the ATM machine. The girls ask me to

Venice

ITALY HERE WE COME! You will not be surprised to hear that today was another crazy day in the land of Contiki. We left our Austria hotel at 8am and checked into our Venice hotel at 10pm. Here is what we did in between: First stop in Italy was a service station. They had real Italian pizza and paninis as well as free bathrooms for when you’re done with your Italian pizza and paninis. I was so excited about the thin crust, light sauce and italian salami that I had to take a picture. Delicious! Now off to Venice. Venice is an island and there are no vehicles allowed so we had two options to get there: a 2.5 hour walk from some place that I can’t remember or a 20 minute ferry ride across some body of water that I can’t remember. We chose the ferry. On the ferry I took some pictures of buildings that I can’t remember. Here they are: The port we docked at is right next to Saint Marc’s square. This is the most popular place for people to start their visit in Venice so it was pretty packe

Nice to Chateau

Well we have to leave Nice today. And it’s supposed to be sunny and fantastic. Oh well. Adil had the great idea to go down and see the sunrise before we left since yesterday was kind of a bust. Sunrise was around 6am which isn’t that bad – it’s like a work day – but I was up until 2am so I was pretty tired. I thought about just staying in bed but I would have regretted it and I had plenty of time to sleep on the bus so I rallied and went downstairs. We got there probably 20 minutes early and discovered that our lookout point was actually a homeless person’s bedroom. She was just waking up though so she invited us in for some tea and biscuits. It was nice. As the sunrise got closer, we realized that there was a flaw in our plan: Nice is in a bit of a cove (as is evident in my pictures yesterday) and the sun’s path was not something we considered. I just assumed it was more southerly (sure why not) and over the water. Here I point out Nice on the map. There is no way the sun would make